Sunburn can be a painful and uncomfortable experience. However, there are natural remedies that can help soothe and heal the skin. In this article, we’ll focus on one such remedy: using potatoes as a sunburn treatment.
How to Use Potatoes for Sunburn Treatment and Skin Lightening
If you’ve spent too much time in the sun and ended up with a painful sunburn, potatoes can be a natural and effective way to soothe your skin. Follow these steps for a potato based sunburn treatment:
- Take a couple of potatoes, wash them thoroughly, and cut them into thin slices. Alternatively, you can grate or blend them to create a juicy paste.
- Use gauze and cotton pads to secure the compresses to your skin.
- Apply the slices or paste to the affected area, leave them for 10 to 15 minutes, remove, and wash your skin with cool water.
If you’re dealing with other minor burns, such as boiling water burns, potato slices may not be effective. In this case, use raw potato mash instead for a gentler and more effective treatment:
- Gently apply the mash to the burn and leave it on until the pain disappears. It may take anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours, so be patient and change the mash when it turns brown.
Remember, the faster you react to a sunburn, the better the results will be. Use potatoes as a natural Sunburn Treatment to soothe your skin and alleviate the pain and discomfort of sunburns.
Here are some additional tips on what helps sunburn
Apply aloe vera gel: Aloe vera can soothe sunburned skin and promote healing. Look for pure aloe vera gel or a moisturizer that contains it.
Drink plenty of water: Sunburn can dehydrate your body, so make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Avoid tight clothing: Tight clothing can irritate sunburned skin, so wear loose, breathable clothing.
Take cool baths or showers: Soaking in cool water can help ease the pain and heat of sunburn.
Use a cool compress: Apply a cool, damp cloth to the affected area for 15-20 minutes at a time to help reduce inflammation and discomfort.
Take over the counter pain relievers: Ibuprofen or aspirin can help reduce pain and inflammation caused by sunburn.
How to Lighten Your Armpits with Potatoes
Potatoes can also be used to lighten dark underarms. Follow these simple steps for potato-based underarm treatment:
- Wash a potato and slice it.
- Massage your armpits with the slices for about 3 minutes.
- Wait half an hour to give the potato juice a chance to work.
- Rinse your armpits with cool water and gently dry with a towel.
- Cut and blend a clean potato until smooth.
- Put the potato mash on your armpits and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and dry with a towel.
Repeat either of these methods twice a day for at least 4 weeks for visible results. Keep in mind that all home remedies take time to work their magic, so be patient and consistent.
Originally posted 2018-06-27 16:39:13.