Why do not you need to use plastic bottles multiple times?



The most commonly used thing to collect liquids is the plastic bottle. The easiest thing is to buy a plastic bottle once with water and then refill the tap water for several days.

 

Cheap and practical solution. But many still do not know that filling water in a plastic bottle over and over can damage the body.

 

In the following, read a few things about it and remember them.

 

Which bottles release toxic substances?

Plastic bottles can release toxic substances. Therefore, always look at the sign at the bottom of the bottle – a triangle with a figure that shows what type of plastic the bottle is made of.

A bottle labeled “1” (PET or PETE) is safe, but for one use only. Due to the presence of oxygen during warming or exposure to the sun, such a bottle can cause toxic substances falling into the water that is filled in it.

Avoid bottles labeled “3” and “7” (PVC and PC), because they emit toxic substances that enter the water, and their longer consumption causes dangerous disease in the body.

For multiple use, select polyethylene bottles (marked with numbers “2” and “4”) and a polypropylene bottle (marked “5” and “PP”). They are relatively safe if you store them in cold water and disinfect them properly.

Plastic bottles = favorable environment for bacteria

According to scientists, the plastic bottles we use more than once have almost the same number of bacteria as the toilet leaf lid. The level of bacteria in such bottles often exceeds safety standards.

The conditions for creating and developing bacteria are made by ourselves, when touching the bottle with dirty hands and not washing it properly, and keep it at room temperature with water in it.

What should you do?

Wash the bottle regularly with warm water, soap and vinegar.


Pay attention to the bottle throat

Even with washing the bottle, it may still happen that we get some poisoning or another health problem.

Most bacteria are present in the bottle throat, where it is not always possible to properly remove the dirt. Therefore, to protect yourself, use a straw instead of drinking directly from it.



Spread the love

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*