Bad breath (sometimes called halitosis) is very common. You can usually treat it yourself.
The best way of making sure you do not have bad breath is to keep your teeth, tongue and mouth clean.
- Gently brush your teeth and gums at least twice a day for 2 minutes
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- Gently clean your tongue once a day using a tongue scraper or cleaner
- Clean between your teeth with interdental brushes or floss at least once a day
- Get regular dental check-ups
- Keep dentures clean and remove them at night
- Use sugar-free mints or chewing gum after having strong-smelling food and drinks
- Try using an antibacterial mouthwash or toothpaste
- Do not smoke
- Do not rinse your mouth with water straight after brushing your teeth
- Do not have lots of sugary foods and drinks
- Do not brush so hard your gums or tongue bleed
Causes of bad breath
Causes of bad breath may include:
Eating or drinking strong-smelling or spicy foods and drinks
Problems with your teeth or gums, such as gum disease, holes in your teeth or an infection
Some medical conditions, like tonsillitis or acid reflux
Disclaimer: Femalle.net does not guarantee any specific results as a result of the procedures mentioned here and the results may vary from person to person. The topics in these pages including text, graphics, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.