One of the most popular and cultivated vegetables in the world is the carrot. #It has been important for a very long time in #diets and it has been used immensely due to the versatility and its sweet taste. The best thing about #carrots is that they can help you in relieving flu symptoms.
#What you might not know about this vegetable is that it can prevent and help with respiratory disorders like colds, flu and coughs. #Thus, we are here today to present you #with a syrup that combines carrots, honey and lemon and that helps with respiratory conditions.
#The carrots also possess a lot of nutritional properties which have been used for a lot of recipes and in natural medicine for a longer time. #Carrots have a lot of properties and most of them are extremely beneficial for the skin and eye #health.
#Nevertheless, a lot of people are not familiar with the benefits carrots offer, especially for the respiratory system. In fact, they can help with issues like cough, flu, colds, #phlegm etc. This is #mostly due to their richness in #vitamin B and C which are perfect for the immune system.
#Homemade Syrup Recipe to Combat the Flu
- 5 or 6 large carrots
- 1 squeezed lemon (juice)
- 4 or 5 tablespoon of honey
- First, you should cut the 5 or 6 carrots into pieces and put them into water to boil for a couple of minutes until they become soft.
- You should leave them like this until the mixture becomes cool.
- Afterwards, you should crush the carrots with a fork and add the juice of the lemon and 4 to 5 tablespoons of honey.
- Stir this well until all the ingredients are mixed and refrigerated in a tight glass jar.
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoons a day of the syrup until the symptoms disappear completely.
The Benefits of the Syrup
Besides the obvious aid with the flu and colds, this syrup will also help with the following:
- Treating pain and inflammation of joints, muscles and bones
- Fighting stress, nerves and anxiety
- Boost of energy and a contribution of vitamins and minerals like phosphorus or potassium
- Cures gastritis and heartburn
Note: Do not take it if you are a diabetic, because it contains sugar, or if you are taking diuretic medications because it might enhance the effect.