Often the situation is such that they are not able to go about the natural routine for the day and rely on painkillers for getting rid of the pain. However, it may be a quick remedy, but often painkillers come with side effects. It is better to find an alternate to it so that you are able to go through it smoothly and without any side effect
There are alternates to painkillers, such as herbal or natural remedies that you can apply to reduce PS and menstrual cramps. Fennel seeds Saunf for instance is something that is one of the most preferred remedies that helps in reducing the cramps, read on to find out more about it.
Painful Periods a Medical Condition
Painful periods or primary dysmenorrhea is the medical condition for it that affect up to 90 % of women during their lifetime. The pain may be experienced as a mild cramp to sever pain and discomfort. It is said that up to 8% of women are not able to leave their bed due to this condition and thus they resort to home confinement during their periods.
Fennel Seeds as an Herbal Drug
Numerous studies by medical research analysts have proven that it is a safe and effective treatment that works well. It is a better option than OTC or over the counter drugs that too without any side effects like kidney failure, anaemia, diarrhoea and autoimmune reactions that are often a result of prolonged usage of painkillers. However, when it comes to using Fennel seeds it helps in relaxing the muscles.
Following are the benefits of using Fennel seeds Saunf
- Fennel seeds are better than OTC and are at the same time as effective as painkillers with muscle calming properties.
- Infused with natural properties like antispasmodic and phytoestrogenic,
- Fennel seeds helps in relaxing the muscles in the uterus that in turn relieves cramping.
- Muscular tension, inflammation and pains are relaxed as it gives a soothing effect.
- It acts as a mild analgesic compound.
- Helps in elevating mood and alleviating abdominal cramps.
- Bloating and indigestion too are addressed at the same time when these are ingested.
How to Use Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS
This is the best way to ingest the seeds and immediately address the problem of cramps.
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds to it
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low flame while keeping it covered with a lid
- After 5 minutes strain and drink it
- You can drink this tea 2-3 times a day to relieve cramps and PMS symptoms.
Fennel Honey Syrup
- Take a handful of Fennel seeds
- Roast these seeds till its crunchy
- Grind these into a fine powder
- You can store this powder in an airtight container
- Take a spoonful of Honey + 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds
- Mix this well and drink this concoction 2-3 times a day