Instead of saturating your hair with store bought creams and mouses that are loaded with drying alcohols and chemicals, this homemade curl cream is an amazing alternative that works just as well but without all the gunk! We used all natural aloe vera gel, coconut oil, and shea butter to make this luscious curl enhancing cream.
Curl Cream Recipe
Aloe vera gel is a natural gel and therefore works really great instead of an actual store bought hair gel. Aloe vera is also super moisturizing and healing, so if your tresses are stressed, this DIY curl cream will heal damaged strands as well.
Coconut oil encourages healthy hair growth, hydrates dry scalp and hair, and also detoxifies. Shea butter adds shine and lush to drab locks and also makes sure moisture stays put.
All three of these ingredients combined make for a kick-ass curl cream that you’ll love using day after day!
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well incorporated.
- Apply to wet hair starting from the middle of the head and running all the way down to the ends.
- As you do this, twist the hair around your finger to encourage courls.
- Air dry or blow dry and style as usual.
- Use this after every shower for beautiful, natural and bouncy curls!