However, a lot of studies have proven that the best breakfast would be any type of eggs, it does not matter if it is an omelet or boiled eggs. Thus, we are here today to present you with a couple of benefits that 2 to 3 eggs daily can offer. Keep reading.
9 Benefits that Eggs Offer
1. Increased Calcium Levels and Healthy BonesIf your want your teeth and bones to be healthy, you need calcium and vitamin D. According to a study by the National Center for Biotechnology Information in Bethesda, Maryland, when proteins and calcium are combined together they will maintain healthy levels of calcium. Plus, they will also help keep healthy metabolic processes in the bones. Eggs actually contain a lot of vitamin D as well, and this will aid the body absorb the calcium more efficiently.
2. A Healthy Metabolism and Protected BrainEggs are also very rich in choline. This is a nutrient that we need for a lot of metabolic processes and the ones that involve fats. Choline will transform into acetylcholine, which is the neurotrasmitter we need to transmit stimuli in our brains and the nervous system.
This can really damage our memory and also induce premature birth in pregnant women. If you take 2 eggs daily, you will get all the choline you need so that your health will be optimal.
3. Slows Down the Aging Process
What they do is slow down the aging process. Our body cannot produce them by itself, thus, it would be best to obtain them through food. They are of great importance because they can catch free radicals and make them harmless.
Therefore, you need to prepare the eggs properly so that you can have their rejuvenating effect. Thus, one cooked egg will offer you carotenoids more valuable than a raw one. This is so because when it heats up, the chemicals in it change.
4. Healthy EyesEggs are also perfect for improving vision. They contain a lot of zeaxanthin, vitamin A and lutein, which are very beneficial for the eyes. They are perfect because they can protect the eyes from the damage of free radicals and they are important for daytime and color vision. Vitamin A is also very important for light and dark vision.
If the levels of zeaxanthin and lutein are decreased they might cause eye tissue damage and serious complications including cataracts and macular degeneration.
5. Good for the Liver, Hair and SkinVitamin B12, protein and biotin are also very important when it comes to eggs. They are essential for radiant skin and healthy hair. Eggs yolks contain sulfur and protein which are perfect for fragile and dull hair.
Eggs are also very rich in lecithin and this is perfect for intestinal problems. They will also help with the process of detoxification.
6. Decreased Risk of CancerAccording to a study done by Breast Cancer Research, if you consume eggs every day, it will reduce the risk of breast cancer to 18%, especially in teenage girls.
Eggs have a lot of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids, which are closely connected to the estrogen or the female hormone. When the levels of estrogen in the body are increased, this is connected to breast cancer.
7. Faster Weight Loss ProcessProteins have a much lower glycemic index than carbohydrates. The glycemic index of the eggs is 0. They are perfect for weight loss, contrary to popular belief. We will all need more energy to digest the proteins. However, we need less for fats and carbohydrates.
8.Good If You Lack Folic Acid and Less Risk of Birth DefectsOne egg contains a lot of vitamin B9. It is 0.7 mcg (micrograms). This vitamin is also called folic acid. If you lack it while you are pregnant, you can damage the central nervous system of the unborn child. However, you can also damage its brain and spinal chord. What this means is that you need to eat eggs so that you can intake the folic acid that you need.
9. Decreases the Risk of Cardiovascular DiseaseOne hen egg contains 400 mg of cholesterol, which is high. High cholesterol can be pretty dangerous because it can increase the risk of cardiovascular problems and heart attacks. Eggs cannot decrease the level of cholesterol.
However, when we consume greater levels of cholesterol, our body will slow down the process of producing cholesterol. One third of the cholesterol which can be found inside the blood vessels is from nutrition. And, most of it, is created by our own body.
There was a study in Louisiana which was done on 152 overweight subjects. They divided the participants in three groups. So, group number 1 ate whatever they wanted for breakfast. Group number 2 was given eggs, and group number 3 had bagels.
The results were actually shocking. The group that took 2 eggs, lost 35% of their belly fat, and 65% of their weight than those people who consumed bagels, without any difference in the levels of cholesterol.
Plus, eggs also have a lot of omega-3 fatty acids which decrease the levels of triglyceride in the blood. These values can provoke a bigger risk of cardiovascular problems. Thus, if you consume more of them, you will be able to decrease the risk of these types of health problems.
What all of this tells us is that eggs are very good for our health. Therefore, you need to make sure that you find eggs that are organic, because the ones that come from caged hens are full of drug residues.
However, bear in mind that some people with certain health problems should not eat 2 to 3 eggs a day. Those are the ones that are diabetic and have heart problems. They should instead consume 2-3 a week.